ACT with Compassion is turning one year old!
ACTwithcompassion.com is one year old and we decided to celebrate by sharing a short guide to the best material for therapists interested in using compassion in their work.
- Recommended books
- Recommended books and reading material for clients
- Audio recordings
- Case conceptualization
- Self-Compassion and PTSD; Shame-Proneness in Interpersonal Trauma; Shame-Proneness and Autonomic Arousal
- New Shame Scale; Clinical Language and Shame; Self-Compassion and Self-Objectification
- Betrayal Trauma and Shame; Shame, PTSD, and Aggression; Shame, Anger, and BPD
- Mindfulness and Compassion; New Self-Compassion Measure; Self-Compassion and Self-Esteem
- Self-Compassion in Depression; Mothers and Amygdalas, Shame- and Guilt-Prone Kids
- Submissive Compassion; CFT for Eating Disorders; Compassion Cultivation Training
Compassion Tools (tools for therapists to use in therapy)
- Exploring the Past Part 1: Shame and Self-Criticism
- Shame Psychoeducation Handout
- Compassionate Color Exercise
- Noticing Compassion Daily Reflection
- The Self-Compassion Break
- Feeling the Impact of Self-Criticism
- Wisdom and Love Meditation
- Self-Critic Job Description
- Measuring Self-Criticism and Self-Reassurance
- Eyes on Compassion
- Identifying Key Relationships and Events Leading to Shame and Self-Criticism
- Shame and Compassion in ACT Review Paper
- Healing Betrayal Trauma with Compassion
- Crazy Monkey Mind
- Finding Compassion in Nature
- The Role of Self-Talk in ACT with Compassion
- Miles O’ Brien on Life After Losing an Arm
- The Burn of Shame
Every month we post original content including:
- a monthly research update - where we summarize new publications relevant to shame and compassion
- a clinical tool of the month for helping clients to enhance self-compassion repertoires
- original writing relating about shame, self-criticism, and compassion from our ongoing treatment development efforts and personal experiences from working with compassion in ourselves and our clients
Events relating to working with shame, compassion, and self-criticism:
We scour the web for upcoming events that therapists might be interested in. Our events page lists training opportunities around the world, including those hosted by us right here at Portland Psychotherapy. See the events page for lists of events by trainers such as Tara Brach, Dennis Tirch, Tim Ambrose, Russell Kolts, Kristin Neff, Paul Gilbert, Daniel Siegel, & our team at ACT With Compassion. If you know of any events that our community might be interested in hearing about that are not yet up on the page, please let us know by contacting us through Twitter, Facebook, or through this website.
About: ACTwithcompassion is a website for therapists who are interested in bringing more compassion and effectiveness to their work with self-critical and shame prone clients. The website is growing rapidly and we are posting new material to the website on a regular basis. Our aim is to bring together information and people who are interested in studying and developing treatments that have compassion at their heart. We believe we learn best in community and that compassion and kindness are fundamentally about our connections with others and ourselves.
Stay Connected: Want to learn more about the role of compassion in psychotherapy?
You can also sign up for our newsletter here, so that you can get all our newest content right in your inbox.
We’d love to hear your input. Let us know what you like, what you don’t , what you’d like to see more of or just encourage us if you like what we are doing! We need feedback from the people coming to the site to keep us going!
Share With Us:
Do you have a compassion-related resource or event that you’d like to share? Please leave a comment below...